Something Rotten Audition Info
Directors/choreographers: Tricia Benn and Bethany Pettigrew
Musical Director: Jake Ezzo
Orchestra Director: Nicholas Diaz
Stage Crew: Tara Abbondante
Costumes: Barbara Canace
Something Rotten Audition Info!
1. If you already registered for an audition at the workshop please fill out the following form:
2. If you couldn’t attend the workshop and would like to schedule your audition please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Once you’ve signed up for your audition you can fill out the form. https://forms.gle/ZDn8qyaijhvpcYVQ8
Please click on the link to obtain the sheet music and tracks for your audition. It’s a good idea to learn several cuts in case we ask you sing more than one. The more prepared you are, the more fun you’ll have at your audition.
Any questions please contact: email@example.com
HOW DO I AUDITION?:
Attend the audition workshop on Monday November 14th at 3:15 in the chorus room. At the workshop you’ll sign up for an audition slot for either Monday Nov 28th or Tuesday Nov 29th. After you will learn audition song selections.
*MUSIC WILL BE PROVIDED AND WILL ALSO BE POSTED ON CHSMUSICALS.COM*
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE AUDITION:
1. Groups of 8-10 come in and learn a short dance combination from the show. Please no flip flops or UGGS. Sneakers or dance shoes are advised.
2. Students come in one at a time and sing one of the selections from the workshop. We may or may not ask you to sing a 2nd selection. Have fun. Make strong choices. If you make mistakes it’s OK!
3. The audition process lasts about 1 hour
WHAT IF I CAN’T ATTEND THE WORKSHOP BUT I STILL WANT TO AUDITION?
Please email me ASAP- firstname.lastname@example.org. I will give you an audition time slot. The audition selections will be on CHSMUSICALS.COM. for you to learn on your own. Any other questions don’t hesitate to reach out.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE AUDITION ?:
1. Some kids will get a dance callback and/or a singing/acting callback. The callback list will be posted outside the chorus room and on our website after school by Thursday, December 1st. Some kids will not be called back but may still be cast in the show or as an EAC. (see below for EAC info)
2. Call backs are Monday Dec 5th and/or Tuesday Dec 6th. If you have a callback there may be additional material to learn. Visit CHSMUSICALS.COM to download the sides or music. Please do your best to be prepared and on time.
3. We will post the final cast list on our web site and outside the chorus room.by Friday Dec 9th.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM CAST IN THE SHOW ?:
We expect each cast member to be at all rehearsals that they are cast in (understudies too). Cast members are allowed 2 scheduled absences during the rehearsal period. These must be cleared in advance. We expect that cast members will come to rehearsal healthy and ready to work. Weekend rehearsals are mandatory. Fundraisers are mandatory. All tech rehearsals are mandatory. We expect for you to put in volunteer time and to understand that performing is not your only role. It takes a village to produce our show.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM CAST IN THE ENSEMBLE APPRENTICE COMPANY (EAC):
The Ensemble Apprentice Company is comprised of talented underclassman that we want to be part of our program. It’s like being on the JV team of a sport. We simply can’t produce the show without these cast members. They are featured in the Cabaret performance along with upperclassmen.
EAC Duties include:
• attending all rehearsals for your particular track, standing in for absent cast members during rehearsals, providing backstage vocal support during performances if needed, helping with lobby display, educational outreach and fundraising opportunities and helping backstage with costumes, makeup or stage crew during the performances.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM NOT CAST AS A PERFORMER OR EAC?:
We hate that we can’t cast everyone but we still want you to be a part of the fun. There are lots of opportunities with stage crew, costumes, hair/make up, and as production assistants. Let us know and we’ll help you find your best fit.
Contact email@example.com to find out more.
2022-3 CHS All School Musical Calendar and important dates:
Friday October 21st: Interest Meeting in Chorus Room 3:30-4:30
Monday November 14th: Workshop and audition sign ups in Chorus Room 3:15-5:30
Monday November 28th: 3:15-6:00 Audition in Dance Studio
Tuesday November 29th: 3:15-6:00 Audition in Dance Studio
Monday December 5th/Tuesday December 6th: Callbacks in Dance Studio 3:30-6:30
Monday December 12th-21st: Rehearsals Begin in Auditorium/Dance Studio/Chorus Room 3:30-6:00
Tuesday Jan 3rd: Rehearsals continue
IMPORTANT MANDATORY DATES:
• SAT JAN 21: Full Cast rehearsal
• SAT/SUN FEB 25/26: Costume Parade/Wig Fitting/Sing Thru/Rehearsal
• MONDAY FEB 27-MARCH 3: expect later rehearsals
• SAT MARCH 4: Possible rehearsal/Fittings
• SUN MARCH 5: Tech Sunday all day
• MONDAY MARCH 6-8: Tech expect later rehearsals
• THURSDAY MARCH 9: Invited Dress Rehearsal
March 10th- March 19th
FUNDRAISERS: Mandatory attendance
-PERFORMANCE WORKSHOP FOR KIDS SATURDAY FEB 4 followed by rehearsal
-CABARET FEATURING THE EAC WEDNESDAY FEB 8th 6-9
-AD SALES- all cast members must sell/fundraise ads/boosters for the program
COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT:
Any questions or for more info please contact Bethany Pettigrew:
Bethany Pettigrew and Tricia Benn